Wednesday, January 18, 2012

b-b-b-bicycle face

Courtesy of my dear LZ this morning, two links and gchat discussion of such that tracks out the threads.


Victorian Map of a Lady's Heart

Lauren: i would like to travel to the pyramids of fashion
me: yeah, seriously!
      i think the sex-and-the-city ladies tried that in a movie once
Lauren: did it work?
me: i remember caftans
      i don't remember much else, but i imagine high heels and sand don't mix too well
Lauren: well yeah...

and regarding our mutual fascination with bikes, Victorian lady bicyclist rules

me: Oh, man
       that's a stunner
      i WANT a bicycle face; i imagine it gazes to the distance (due to both distance and sun glare)
Lauren: i think it does
me: or, according to google: http://blog.oregonlive.com/commuting/2009/12/back_to_the_days_when_society.html


Biking is a curious thing. It appeals to the speed and fix-it-yourself aspects of my personality (having acquired both ever-faster bikes and slogged through bike forums multiple times looking for bike maintenance advice). It's very easy to see how people get addicted, and my current city has made this the best form of getting around it (aside, of course, from running). Unfortunately, i would probably accidentally kill myself if i had any faster a bike than i currently do? This is a real fear, despite the fact that i have top-notch health care?

No comments:

Post a Comment