Monday, February 11, 2013

chocolate mousse, pope, introductions.

For those vegan, gluten- or dairy-free, or chocoholic among us; i came across this recipe for two-ingredient chocolate mousse last year, and made it for a Valentines ladies' gathering. The NYTimes also posted a short, slightly cheesy how-to video this week. Fun tidbit, 'mousse' means foam in French (and a little about origins here).

Also, holy smokes, Pope Benedict is resigning? Only 4 popes have ever resigned, and the last was 600 years ago. i have no commentary, just trying to wrap my brain around this.


LZ gchatted me today that her PI has a habit of giving fairly unique, oddly-detailed introductions.

Lauren: Beth mentioned running and obstacles and getting shocked when she introduced me in student seminar, and said she's been trying to work shock incentive into the lab, since I paid for it and it could be effective
 me: (blinks)
  that sounds like quite the introduction
Lauren: She started today with my being from PA, talked about my undergrad, then transitioned into my being a runner and paying for electric shocks, we need to implement this in lab, and then my project
me: so, umm
 memorable is good, and you know what's coming. Does she make them up on the fly?
 Lauren: I don't know, she did check with me today to make sure she knew what my degrees were and what they were in
 She pointed out that grad students get precious little money and I spent mine on running through electric wires
 me: we had a groupon

No comments:

Post a Comment